FORENSIC ACCOUNTING & TECHNOLOGY
This is the specialty practice area of our practice, broadly covering the collection and examination of data from the past to establish the facts. This is often suitable for use in a court of law. DBC Advisory offers a range of Forensic accounting services including:
- Investigating and analysing financial evidence
- Business valuations
- Quantification of loss reports
- Family law matters and settlements
- Developing expert account reports and various other applications to assist in the analysis and presentation of financial evidence to put forward to the court
- Communicating our findings in the form or exhibits, reports and collection of documents
- Assisting in legal proceedings, including testifying in court as an expert witness.
Our experience has led us to the application of this knowledge to the internal risk concerns within small to medium enterprise. Specifically, we assist in investigating employee fraud, theft and embezzlement for the purposes of cost recovery and reporting to authorities. This expertise has led to a unique practical service offering in minimising the opportunities for fraud in the preventative sense for your firm. We do this by modifying accounting software access limitations, separation of duties, record keeping, banking processes, and generally identifying the weak points specifically for your business and how to focus on strengthening them.
Forensic technology is the skill required to seize, identify, analyse, and present electronic evidence in a forensically sound manner to support litigation and corporate investigations. We have a unique long standing partnership with an excellent provider of these services at a fraction of the cost offered by the big four. This includes extraction of data from PC, Mac, iOS, mobile phones, Android, etc.. We are in a position to engage this specialist skill externally as part of our Forensic accounting service.